What a Skin Analysis Can Do for You
- Posted on: Oct 15 2017
Do you wonder what your skin might look like a few years from now? Do you struggle to choose skin care products that will achieve your desired outcome? Getting to know your skin shouldn’t be so hard. Historically, it has been relatively difficult to determine exact skin type, product choices for that skin type, and the potential need for change down the line. From this perspective, skin care may feel like a never-ending battle. It doesn’t have to.
At American Dermatology Associates, patients from the Sarasota area have the opportunity to know their skin from the inside out. We are proud to offer personal dermatologic services that truly revolve around the individual. One of the ways we can do this is to analyze the skin using advanced technology, aka VISIA skin care analysis.
How it Works
The advanced technologies that comprise the VISIA skin analysis system enable us to look beneath the surface and even perform a lash analysis. Multispectral imaging and analysis provide detailed information related to existing and impending concerns such as:
- UV damage. This type of skin pigment is typically not visible to the naked eye, at least not at first. UV damage involves the coagulation of melanin below the skin’s surface, which ultimately makes its way up and out.
- Red and brown spots. These could be acne scars, vascular lesions, freckles, or melasma, which develop in superficial cells before showing up on the skin.
- Pore size, which can be managed with appropriate skin care products.
- Wrinkles, which may worsen with UV exposure and facial expression.
- Texture, also including the color of the skin from one area to another.
- Porphyrins, or bacteria that naturally live on the skin, but may increase the risk for acne.
VISIA doesn’t just analyze the various important details of your skin. This system is capable of providing us with a 3-dimensional view of your dermal tissue, and of creating a tracking system that enables us to continually provide the highest standard of care. Side-by-side viewing and comparison against others with similar traits further promote accuracy in the selection of skin care.
Why guess when it comes to your skin? Contact our Sarasota office at (941) 379-6647 to schedule your VISIA skin analysis.
Posted in: Visia® Skin Analysis