Eliminate Unsightly Veins: Laser Vein Treatment in Sarasota, FL
Do you have broken blood vessels on your face? Veins such as these and other visible benign vascular lesions on the face are common concerns. With laser vein treatment, they can be a thing of the past. All laser vein procedures are performed by one of Sarasota’s best Dermatologists Dr. Jennifer Trent.
How long does laser vein treatment take?
A laser vein treatment takes between 15 and 30 minutes depending on the size area being treated.
How many laser vein treatments are needed?
Multiple treatments can be required.
How long before I start to see results from Laser Vein Removal?
Some facial veins and blood vessels will disappear immediately; while others may take 2-4 weeks to resolve, depending on the area of treatment.
Is laser vein treatment painful?
Laser vein treatment feels similar to a rubber band snapping on the skin, which is tolerable.
What is the Recovery from Laser Vein Treatment?
You may apply ice packs for the swelling after treatment of facial veins or broken blood vessels. You will need to avoid hot baths and vigorous exercise for 48 hours after treatment.
What are the possible side effects of laser vein treatment?
Laser vein treatment is a safe procedure, but there is always a risk of possible side effects. Common side effects are redness, burning sensations, bruising, and swelling. Pigment changes, blistering, scarring, nerve damage, and blood clots are serious but rare side effects.
What Can I Expect After Laser Vein Treatment? Do I Need Downtime?
The treatment for broken capillaries and facial veins may cause some side effects. The downtime that you schedule will be more for cosmetic reasons than actual recovery. After your procedure, you might experience one or more of the following:
- Redness that lasts up to three days. Cool compresses can help reduce this side effect.
- Swelling that lasts a day or two. Cool compresses may reduce this as well.
- Bruising may develop shortly after treatment and may last up to one week. To reduce bruising, avoid all blood thinners, including aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Itching may occur in the few days after your treatment. This side effect may be lessened by taking an antihistamine.
- Blistering is possible but rarely occurs. If you notice this side effect, contact the office for guidance. Blistering may subside with cool compresses or may be treated with a topical medication.
- Darkening. In the few days after laser vein treatment, it’s likely that the treated capillaries will darken. This is evidence that the veins have closed off. The color will gradually fade as the veins are absorbed by the body.
How Should I Care for My Skin After Laser Facial Vein Treatment?
Your skin may be more sensitive to certain environmental and topical factors after your laser vein treatment. Aftercare instructions may include:
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds. This is a must because your skin may be more susceptible to sunburn for up to a few weeks after laser treatment. Before going outdoors, apply broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen. If it’s particularly sunny out, wear a wide-brimmed hat, as well.
- Refrain from exfoliating or picking your skin. Even though your laser treatment is focused on unwanted veins, your skin may respond. You may notice that your epidermis becomes dry, flaky, or crusty soon after your treatment. It’s important that you do not pick or scratch your skin. After three to five days, you may be cleared to gently exfoliate the treatment area to slough off the dead skin cells.
- Avoid the use of serums and other products that contain potential irritants. Examples include retinoic acid (Retin-A), salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, and alpha and beta hydroxy acids. After several days, you can safely resume your normal skincare routine, including the use of exfoliating substances.
- Maintain optimal moisture in your skin. While your skin is recovering from the laser vein treatment, you can benefit from additional applications of a quality moisturizer. This can help prevent excessive dryness and flaking.
What Is Laser Vein Treatment?
Laser vein treatment, also called endovenous laser ablation, is a minimally invasive procedure that treats spider veins. Using laser energy, the spider veins are sealed off, which helps reduce their appearance.
How Does Laser Vein Treatment Work?
Once the treatment area is cleansed, a thin fiber is inserted into the spider vein. The laser is activated, and heated energy seals the vein wall, which causes it to collapse. Blood flow is then rerouted to healthier veins.
Is Laser Vein Treatment Covered by Insurance?
In some cases, laser vein treatment may be covered by your insurance. It will depend on whether the procedure is performed for cosmetic or medical reasons.