Is it time to change your skincare routine?
- Posted on: Oct 15 2022
If your skin care routine amounts to washing your face twice a day (most of the time) with whatever soap just happens to be sitting there, it may be time for you to make some changes. And, if you’ve been using the same products on your skin since you were a teenager, it also might be time to make some changes, as your skin is almost certainly different than it was then. The right skincare routine can make a big difference!
Why have a skincare routine?
You might be surprised what an effective skincare routine can do. After all, healthy skin makes you look healthy and younger than your years. The right skincare routine doesn’t have to be expensive and it doesn’t have to take you long every day, but it can make a big difference.
1. Great skin starts from the inside – drink lots of water and eat right.
2. Make sure you use sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days!
3. To find the right products for your skin, first determine what kind of skin you have. Is it oily, normal, dry, or a combination of these?
4. Clean your skin morning and night to remove makeup, oil, and dirt. Use a toner after you wash your face to make sure it is clean and give nutrients to the skin (look for a toner with hyaluronic acid, alpha and beta hydroxy acids, or vitamins E and C).
5. After your skin is clean, use a moisturizer – even if you feel like you shouldn’t because your skin is oily. It will hydrate and soften skin.
6. Use a moisturizing cream at night. Choose one specifically made to wear at night, which will repair any damage your skin has suffered during the day while replenishing moisture.
7. Consider a cream made especially for the eye area. The skin around the eyes is thin and delicate and needs special care.
No matter how well you take care of your skin, sometimes it needs a bit of a boost. If it is time for a chemical peel, contact American Dermatology Associates in Sarasota, Florida. Call 941-379-6647 for an appointment today!
Posted in: Skin Care