8+ Things You Should Know About Botox
- Posted on: Jul 15 2022
You probably have a friend, coworker, or relative who has had Botox for cosmetic purposes. It is a very popular procedure and for good reason! Are you thinking that it might be time for your own Botox treatment? You might have some questions – here are 8+ things that you might not know about Botox!
Botox is a safe and effective way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It was approved by the FDA in 2002 and has been used on millions of clients since then.
1. Is made from the botulinum toxin. It may seem crazy to inject a toxin into your body on purpose, but small doses are perfectly safe. It works by preventing muscles from contracting, which makes wrinkles and lines relax.
2. Can often be done with other procedures or fillers so that you can get the exact cosmetic results you are looking for. Discuss with your doctor what results you would like to see and how this can be achieved.
3. Is great for removing forehead lines, crow’s feet, lines around the mouth, and more
4. Can be quickly injected – a treatment session typically only takes less than 10 minutes. And, you can get right back to work or your regular activities afterward, as there is no downtime needed.
5. Is a great option if you have tried wrinkle creams and serums to no effect, but you just aren’t ready for a facelift or other surgical procedure yet. After all, surgical procedures can mean hassle, expense, and downtime, none of which you have to deal with when you get Botox.
6. Is painless, according to patient reports. Most patients report it only feels like a little pinch.
7. May produce some redness and bruising at the injection sites after the procedure, but this is normal and will go away within a couple of days
8. Will take a few weeks to really see the effects, although you’ll start to notice a difference within a few days
Do you have any other questions about Botox, or are you ready to make a Botox appointment? Call American Dermatology Associates at 941-379-6647 for an appointment today!
Posted in: Botox